Yesterday we were able to celebrate my favorite holiday......and it has nothing to do with bunnies, eggs, candy and too much food (although these pictures portray that). We were able to celebrate that Christ is Risen!!! He died on a cross for all of us and three days later the tomb was empty. He has Risen, Hallelujah! What an amazing God we serve.
Our celebrations began on Thursday when Kenley had an Easter party at school. One thing that I love about her school is they make sure to talk about the true meaning of Easter. They teach them bible stories but also let them have fun and do an egg hunt. Each kid took some eggs and a basket to school and came home with lots of eggs and LOTS of candy!
Before we left for school I took some pictures of Kenley with her basket and eggs.
She tried to get her bunny on her basket to say cheese.
And then she remembered the eggs were full of candy and tried to take some.
She had such a great time. I know her teachers must love the party days because when I get there to pick up Kenley EVERY kid is taking a nap. They really wear them out.
On Saturday we had a great day at home together. Since the weather has been so nasty we just stayed in and did some stuff around the house. (Still trying to get unpacked) And I decided to bake some cupcakes for our Easter Celebration in NWA with our family. I had seen this idea on a blog and was really excited to try it out. I made some carrot cake cupcakes and cream cheese icing then decorated them to look like little Easter baskets.
I was really happy with the way they turned out.
On Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church. There was actually a break in the rain and we were able to go outside and get some pictures of Kenley in her dress. Our new house has such pretty landscaping and Kenley loves to pose next to these flowers.
She kept calling it her princess dress and wanted to show it off.
She let daddy pose with her too. I LOVE this picture of my sweet girl and wonderful hubby!
We went to church and it was my first week to work in the nursery. It was SO fun for me to watch Kenley play with all of her friends. It is neat because as small as our church is there are 4 little girls all right around Kenley's age. She loves them so much and talks about them constantly. At one point I saw my little monkey climbing up into the baby crib (if you know her this is no shock to you) which made all the other little girls want to follow. Then they decided it was fun to jump on the bed like a trampoline, it was ADORABLE! They were having the best time. One of the workers actually got a picture and video of it on her camera. I will have to get it from her and post it on here. We are so thankful for our new church. In such a short time there we have made some special friendships and are getting plugged in. It is amazing how God works.
As soon as the church service ended the rain decided to start up again- and hard! So we ran to the car (got completely soaked) and headed to NWA to see our families. My mom was cooking a big lunch for us and it was WONDERFUL as always. Here is a picture of our little family right before we had lunch.
Kenley just loves her baby cousin
And her "big" cousin. :) As soon as we were done eating the girls were ready to hunt eggs. (by the way- isn't it crazy how much older they look all of the sudden!!!)
PahPaw hid eggs everywhere. They had to have help to get some of them down.
Uncle Andy helping Maddox....
Nana helping Kenley......
Uncle Jeff helping Emma........(Jeff and Miriam are on staff at my parents church, where I grew up, and they are more like family to us now than friends. We love that they spend the holidays with us.)
Emma was so good at finding the eggs, she really got into it. Kenley was excited after finding 1 egg and would have been happy with just that. But she had fun finding them all too.
Mom and dad got the kids an Easter present too. Here is Aunt Mimi helping Kenley open hers. She loves that stuffed bunny- it sings Jesus loves me to her. :)
After she opened the present she just wanted to carry the bag around like a purse. She went up to Uncle Jeff and said "See ya later, I go to church. Then the store." Such a goofy girl.
After we finished up at my parents we went to Andy's grandmothers house to see her. When we got there we saw eggs EVERYWHERE- I think they had hid at least 100 eggs. (not exaggerating!) and it took Kenley 3 hours to find them all (with us picking up some of them too, haha). My camera died so I don't have any pictures from there but I will get some from my mother-in-law and post them later.
We had a great day with our family, eating, hunting eggs, visiting, going to church; but most of all we got to Celebrate that Christ is Risen!!!! Praise God!
Monday, April 25, 2011
Easter
Posted by The Bostians at 8:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Kenley looked precious in her dress!! Glad she had fun at the party! And girl - you are looking SKINNY!!! :) way to go!!!
She is so adorable!! You look great! Glad you guys had a great Easter! Lilly gets really excited about church too. (: Love it!
Yay! Glad you're "back." lol! Love love love all the pics for your 100th post. Great idea!!
Post a Comment