Monday, November 1, 2010

More October Fun.....Birthday and Halloween

I can't even believe that it has been 2 years since we welcomed our sweet baby girl into this world. There are no words to describe how much joy she has brought into our lives. She is a fun, happy, loving, outgoing little girl. She loves to laugh, meet people, give hugs and talk to anyone that will listen.

Here are a few pictures we took of her the week before she turned 2. She is such a ham- she loves posing for the camera and saying CHEESE! :)







Since the pictures turned out so good we decided to use one on her birthday invitation. I had found an invitation online that I liked but it was kind of a pain to order so I told my very talented husband what I was wanting and he made this in photoshop! I was so excited, I think they are adorable!!!!


Once again we had her birthday party in Springdale so that more of the family could be there. My mom was so generous to let me use her house and move things around to decorate. Here is Kenley the morning of her party. I think she knew this day was all about her and she just ate it up.

Here are some pictures of the decorations I made for the party. On the mantel I made a "feather" arrangement with a 2 in the center. I put the vase inside a wreath I made with white feathers and zebra ribbon. Then made some tissue pom poms to add some more fluff and fun!

Here is a closer pic of the feather arrangement!

I also made her another birthday banner. This year we were actually able to recycle it. Emma turned 2 in May and had a Minnie Mouse party at the park so I just made the banner say Happy Birthday with no name on it so both girls could use it. Saved a lot of time and money. :)

This is one of the Minnie Mouse center pieces that I made for the food table. It is made of Styrofoam balls that I painted and glued together and placed inside another feather wreath that I made. Cheap but cute decoration idea.

And here is her BEAUTIFUL and yummy cake for Shelby Lynne Cake Shoppe in Springdale. We did strawberry cake with a strawberry cream cheese filling. It was very good!

Every time we go to Shelby Lynne's Kenley wants to get a petifore. She loves those things. So we decided to get her some for her birthday. Yum-O! And super cute.

The cake table


Since Kenley's Uncle Cary and Aunt Elissa live in Texas and weren't able to come for the party they sent a gift over with Elissa's mom before the party started and we let her open it early. She loves it- but so does daddy! :)

Emma enjoyed the drums too. Here Emma is playing and Kenley is dancing.

Kenley loves her cousins. Her and Emma are best friends and she is always wanting to love on Maddox and help take care of him. Maddox is so sweet to put up with her.

Getting started on the presents

With some help from Maddox. :) Something tells me none of the presents are going to stay wrapped under their tree this year. He has this opening presents thing down.

Taking a break to pose for a picture.

Aunt Amby got K some sparkly silver shoes and she had to put them on right then and show them to everyone. I think they are her favorite shoes now, she gets them out everyday to wear.

Maddox still opening presents. He is such a doll.

Kenley riding her new tricycle around. She is getting so big.

This is an awful family picture but the only one we had so I went ahead and put it on here.

Kenley with her pretty cake.

Yummy!

Thank you to everyone that helped us come and celebrate Kenley's birthday. We had such a great time and are very grateful for the love shown to us and our baby girl. Happy Birthday Kenley!!!

Now on to Halloween! This year my mom found an adorable Princess Jasmine costume and got it for Kenley and Emma. The costume was so precious and came with the cutest shoes and crown. But of course Kenley refused to wear the crown. But she looked very cute anyway.

We started off by going to the Fall Carnival at Andy's parents church.

They had a couple of jump houses that kept our little monkey entertained for the time we were there.

Her great-grandmother was able to make it out to see her all dressed up and playing at the carnival. We were so excited to spend some time with her. Here Kenley is having a little conversation with her. So cute.

Going down the slide. Kenley had fun going down the slide but she really liked to be "mommy" and catch all the other kids as they came down, even if they are bigger than her. haha!

Giving Grandpa Charlie nose kisses

She had so much fun in this jump house we couldn't get her out when her time was up. We had to send a sweet girl in to get her. I think I see a party at the jump zone in our future.


After that we headed to my parents church for their Trunk or Treat. We also got to meet up with Emma and Maddox there which made Kenley VERY happy.

Kenley wanted her picture with Maddox I guess because she kept standing by him and posing.

Giving Maddox a hug

Going fishing with Daddy


Emma kicking the football.....she did really good!

Kenley kicking the football.......

I don't think she will be much of a soccer player. :)

Emma digging for candy

Both girls looking for candy

Helping each other pick the good candy

More fishing. This time Kenley was a "Big Winner" and won a REAL fish. We decided to donate it back to the game for another kid to win.

Emma fishing

Kenley throwing the football with daddy.

We had a lot of fun at both of the Halloween carnivals and Kenley got home with lots of candy for daddy to eat. I think he enjoyed getting the candy more than she did.

0 comments: