Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Carrie Underwood

This year for mothers day Andy and our friend Matt had the FABULOUS idea of getting Janise and I tickets to the Carrie Underwood concert. And since we were living in Little Rock at the time it didn't matter that it was on a week night. Well we have moved since then, :), but it didn't keep us away. Last night as soon as Andy got off work we jumped in the car and went to Little Rock. We dropped Kenley off with my grandma and went to meet our sweet friends at the concert. (It was so great to be in Little Rock and see friends, even if it was for a few hours.) We didn't know who the opening acts were so we didn't mind that we were late but we ended up getting there to see Billy Currington and he was really good too.

In between the two acts we were able to visit with our friends some and that was great! Here is a picture of Matt and Janise!

Janise and I. We did get a picture of Andy and I too but the one on our camera didn't turn out so I will post it later when I get it from J.

And then it was time for Carrie Underwood. Ok, I have to say that I watched her on Idol and was a fan. How could you not like her? She is adorable, sweet and can SING!!!! But, I haven't really kept up with her music that well over the past couple years. I was actually worried I wouldn't know many of her songs at the show (but I did!) Anyway- after going to her show I am more impressed with her than ever. Not only did she belt it the ENTIRE concert, and put on an amazing production but she also let her faith in the Lord shine. It was so refreshing to see a woman in her position letting the Light of Jesus shine to that many people. It was amazing! And the BEST part of the concert is when she was singing "Jesus take the wheel" and just broke into "How Great Thou Art." Seriously! It was UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Words can not explain the emotion in the arena at that moment- I don't think there was a dry eye in there. If you ever get a chance to go see her in concert you should go. I would support her any day- she is a great role model for our kids, an ambassador for Christ, and puts on a great show to enjoy.

Here are a few pictures of the "production part." She got in a big blue truck and flew around the arena. Neat!




And if you were wondering we did drive home after the concert and got home a little after 2am. Then Andy had to get up and go to work. But it was worth it!

1 comments:

Andy said...

I love you! I am still blown away when I think of the words "Then sings my soul..."!!