Sunday, October 10, 2010

Beginning of Fall

The beginning of fall means the beginning of FOOTBALL!!! and for us that means LOTS of traveling up to Fayetteville. Here we are loading up to head to Nana and Paw's house before the first football game.

When we got there Paw took Kenley for a ride on his new golf cart. She absolutely LOVES it. Anything that she can "ride" she Loves!

And here are our precious little cheerleaders on the way to the first game of the year- they are the best little cheerleaders. They love to call the Hogs and sing "fight, fight, fight!"

Feeding each other BBQ at the tailgate.


After getting back from the first game our lives started getting a little interesting. On August 19 Andy accepted a job at Data Tronics in Fort Smith, Ar. (There is another blog to come with all the details of "the move") So- we had 3 weeks to pack, find a place to live in Fort Smith, get our house on the market and keep our sanity! Luckily our little princess was a big helper and her and daddy shampooed all of the carpets together.

I told you she likes to "ride" :)

There is a lot that we will talk about in our "moving" blog that will be posted later, but I just want to put it here also, that Acxiom was truly a great company to Andy and our family for the past 5 years. He (and I) have been blessed by so many of the people there and we miss them very much already. One thing that was very special to me is that on Andy's last day of work there Kenley and I were able to go with him. It was so neat for me to get to talk to all of the people that Andy has worked with and hear how much he has meant to all of them and what a GREAT leader he has been. It is something that Andy is much to humble to pass along to me and it was so wonderful to hear that others see in him what I do.
While we were in daddy's office Kenley was able to draw (another one of her favorites) on his white board.


Some of you may know this already, but I was born in North Little Rock and lived there until I was about 9 and then we moved to Springdale. When we moved to Springdale I left behind my best friend Shelley. It was very hard for us but thankfully our mothers were very close and helped us stay in touch. We would spend a couple weeks together each summer and were in each others weddings. Shelley was actually the only one of my bridesmaids excited at my wedding because I was going to be moving back to North Little Rock (and leaving all the others in Springdale.) So over the past 5 years it has been wonderful being together again. And being at the birth of each others little girls. We were so excited because we knew our girls were going to be best friends just like us. Well- when we found out we were moving away again it has been very emotional for Shelley and I. BUT- because Kenley and Layla's mommys are so close we will make sure that they get to spend plenty of time together and become the best of friends too.

Here is a picture of Shelley and Layla helping us load up the truck to move. Such amazing friends we have- they are sad to see us leave but still there for us!

Some other amazing friends the Lord blessed us with are the Bishops. It is such an amazing feeling to know that you have friends that are family- that will be there for you in any and every way that you need. Here is a picture of Matt and little Owen loading the truck.

Layla the Razorback fan

We loaded the truck on Saturday morning and then Andy, Dad, Mike and Matt all headed to the AR game that evening. I stayed home to finish up the last minute house cleaning. On Sunday morning we got up and headed to our AMAZING church for a very emotional morning of goodbyes. After church we came home loaded the last few things. Which Kenley helped with........can you find her?

Locked up the house..........

Loaded up the Princess.....

And headed to Fort Smith!!!!

And as I said before- much more on the move to come.

Back to the Razorbacks.......Time for the AR vs Bama game. Here are our cute little Hog fans before the game.


As soon as we found out we were moving to Fort Smith we were very excited about being closer to our friends the Beaty's. They are more of those amazing friends that was talking about before- and we haven't been able to see them much over the last couple of years because of the distance. So we are SO excited to be so close now.

Andy and Jon actually have the same birthday, Septemeber 30, and Emily had the amazing idea of going bowling to celebrate their birthdays. Kenley had never been to a bowling alley, she had so much fun!

Here's the birthday day boy showing off how its done.

Emily also invited some of their friends that have kids around K's age so we could get to know them. Sabrina was so sweet to make these AMAZING chocolate/peanut butter cupcakes. WOW! They really were as good as they look.

Kenley loves the Beaty's as much as we do!

She also liked this little boy. They were hugging and kissing on each other all night. So sweet!

On Andy's actual birthday I had a little surprise waiting on him when he got home.......his parents! Since we are only an hour away from our parents now they were able to run down for the evening and have dinner with us. They also got him a lot of new wii games so we all had a great time all evening.
Here is Andy showing off his sticker from Kenley!

Andy and his dad boxing........

Me and Uncle Steve boxing

I don't think I mentioned before, but we are living in a town house right now until we sell our house. It has been a big adjustment (for me mostly). But one advantage is Kenley thinks it is so much fun to take the trash to the dumpster. Every day she asks if we can take the trash out. Here is a picture of her throwing away all of the trash from daddy's birthday presents. Such a helper!

Daddy isn't the only one that has a birthday in the fall..........Miss Priss has a birthday coming up in just a few days. We decided to take her shopping last weekend and she gets so excited when you tell her you are leaving. She can't leave the house without her purse and sunglasses. Who needs shoes when you have sunglasses?


Remember when I mentioned earlier that she likes to draw? Well, when Kenley was supposed to be taking a nap the other day I heard her moving around upstairs, went up to check on her and this is what I found. When I said "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" She looked at me, smiled and said "I draw!" :) Life is never dull.

When you run as hard as she does ALL day you are bound to crash at some point. And when it happens like this, you have one happy daddy! Nothing is better than baby girl snuggles!!!!

1 comments:

Beaty Photography said...

I know moving is a huge change, but we are SO HAPPY to have you three nearby!!! It's almost time for a wii game night! :)
-emily