Sunday, July 17, 2011

4th of July

A couple weekends ago we went camping at Lake Fort Smith with family and friends to celebrate the 4th of July. We always have such a good time; dad brings down his smoker and fixes bbq and we all coordinate our meals for the whole weekend. This year I was in charge of cookies!! big surprise right! :) Here is a picture of what all I fixed!

Reeses Peanut Butter Banana Bread with a Peanut Butter Glaze (seriously amazing!!!), carrot cake whoopie pies, funfetti cookies, red velvet cookies, peanut butter kisses cookies, peanut butter reeses cup cookies , peanut butter stuffed chocolate chocolate chip cookies, & apple bread (not in the picture bc it was still in the oven).......If you can't tell- we like peanut butter!! :)

Kenley has been camping in our motor home before but she has grown up so much and really enjoyed it this time. She loves her "tamper" and wanted to sleep in the bed up top with the curtain closed; she called it her tent. But daddy had to stay up there with her to make sure she didn't fall.

Jumping out trying to scare mommy. Such a funny girl!

Lake Fort Smith has such a neat pool- we enjoyed spending the HOT days in the pool. Kenley loves the water and wanted to try going down the water slide by herself. After she came down the first time she said "WOW, I gotta do that again." And she did....again, again, again, & again. Our sweet friend Carol caught a few pictures of her coming down.


It was so hot outside that we had to bring Bella inside for a nap too. Or as Kenley calls her "my precious girl." She is getting SOOOO big!!

We also had to go to Nana & Pahpaws camper to watch mickey mouse. She loves to lay on Pahpaw (I don't think he minds it too much either).

We had a wonderful weekend with friends & family. Can't wait to do it again soon.


I will try to post pictures from our vacation soon- there are a ton of pictures to go through so hopefully I will have it by the end of the week. Stay cool!!!

1 comments:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

I was cracking up at all the cookies and desserts with peanut butter in them. Matt would be in heaven!

She is getting so big. Lilly is too. I can't believe I am planning a 3rd birthday party....where did the time go?

Looks like fun. I am glad you guys had a "tamper" and weren't sleeping outside in just a tent! Soooo hot!