Thursday, August 2, 2012

Brayden Wayne Bostian

Finally introducing our sweet little
BRAYDEN WAYNE BOSTIAN



On May 29, 2012 I had a couple doctor's appointments scheduled; one with my regular OB and one with my perinatologist.  We knew that it would be my last appointments since I was scheduled to be incduced on June 4th so Andy took off work to go with me.  It was a good thing he did! We went to the first appointment and talked to the doctor about what to expect on Monday when we went in to be induced.  Then we headed over to the next appointment.  (We continued to see the specialists until the end of the pregnancy because Brayden continued to measure small. They never thought there was any major concern just wanted to keep an eye on him.)  When we got there for the scan we joked with the doctor about what it would take to go ahead and deliver early- but when he said "ok, you ready to have a baby this week?" it came as a shock!!  During the ultrasound they found that not only was Brayden still measuring small but he had stopped growing and I had also started to lose fluid. After going back and forth on dates and schedules we left his office to go pre-register at the hospital to have our baby boy on May 31, 2012!

We got to the hospital at 4am and got settled in our room.  Everything went pretty fast from there.  I had already started contracting some on my own so as soon as the petocin started the contractions picked up. A little after 7am they started my epidural and a little after 8am my doctor got there to break my water.  After that we just set there visiting with family waiting on our boy to arrive.  Kenley got to the hospital at 11am and we were able to spend a few minutes with her, but by this point I was almost complete and ready to get this boy here.
We had warned my doctor that my delivery with Kenley went pretty fast but I don't think he realized how fast. When I was complete they called him to come down to the hospital. He came running in because I told them I was ready to push. I had three very easy pushes and then heard my sister say "he is tiny."  It took, what seemed like forever, for him to cry for the first time but he finally did and my sister was the one that handed my sweet baby boy to me for the first time (I can't express enough how special that was to me.  My sister is an amazing sister and nurse and I was so thankful that she was with us and the one to hand me my baby for the first time and then take care of him.)

They quickly took him to weigh him and start cleaning him up, again it was my sister that was able to do all of this for us.  He was 5lbs 9oz and 18in long!!
A few minutes after they got his weight she brought him back to me and gave me just a second with him while she explained they needed to take him to the nursery. He was "grunting" and having some transition issues.  It was so hard to have him taken away from me so fast but there was such comfort in knowing my sister was holding him, loving him and taking care of him.  Not many momma's get to have the comfort when their babies are rushed to the nursery of knowing that a family member is loving on them while taking care of them.
Since things hadn't gone quite like we had planned Kenley got to see her baby brother for the first time thru the window of the nursery. She fell in love with him as soon as she saw him.
My amazing doctor taking some time to congratulate the big sister.

They let Andy go into the nursery with Brayden while they were checking on him. After they got him all settled he had to stay in the nursery for about an hour before they finally brought him back to me.  That had to be the longest hour of my life as I sat in my room wondering if my baby was ok and so anxious to hold him in my arms again.
But the wait was so worth it- soon they brought my perfect, healthy, tiny boy and put him in my arms. :)
(I love this picture because you can see my crazy girl climbing up on the back of the bed. She was so excited she wanted to be right with us but could not sit still long enought.)

After they gave me some time with my baby my sister came back to get him and take him for his first bath. I love these pictures of her taking care of him.  She looks like a proud aunt!


First family picture with our family of four!!!  The kids are wearing their matching shirts from Aunt Amby- big sis and lil bro.
Emma and Maddox fell in love with Brayden instantly too.  They are so sweet and gentle with him. He is such a lucky little boy. He will be running and playing with them all too soon.
My wonderful doctor holding Brayden.  Even though he intentionally wore those terrible LSU scrubs to deliver our little hog fan I have to brag on him.  As I have posted before I had a very long pregnancy but I had the BEST care anyone could have ever asked for.  He was very proactive with my sickness and truly cared about me and my baby.  It was worth the hour drive for all the doctors appointments and I am so thankful for him!!  Thank you Dr. Clouatre!!!

The day after I had our little guy was my birthday! It was the best birthday ever!!!!
My little princess came to the hospital early in the morning to wish me a happy birthday, but mostly she wanted to get her hands on her baby brother.
And to make the day even better- my best friend drove all the way up from Little Rock to meet my sweet boy and let me finally meet her baby boy.  She had him 3 weeks before and I had not gotten to meet him yet because I was not able to travel.  It was so hard to not be there with her when she had him because we have with each other in every big event in our lives. So I was so surprised and thankful when she walked in the door and I got to see her and meet her precoius boy!! I love you Shelley!!!
About to take our little guy home.  I had an outfit ready to bring him home from the hospital in, but when he got here and was so tiny it was way too big.  My wonderful mom ran to Dillards and bought this sweet preemie outfit for him.  Even it was big on him.

 
Here we go!!!!
Our tiny boy trying out his big crib for the first time.


Big sister can not get enough of him.  As soon as we got home she was ready to hold him.

She is such a sweet sister.  She was ready to read to him- after she held him she ran to get a book and read her favorite story to him (she has it memorized, she can't ready yet, :)
More snuggle time with sissy
She really can't get enough of him.  This is one of my favorite pictures of them.
My sweet boy his first morning at home.

Sleeping in his bassinet. (we no longer have that sleep positioner in there anymore, after the doctor scared me to death and told me they had been recalled because of so many infant deaths. Amazing how much changes in 3 years.)
When we got home we had to make a trip to carter's to get more preemie clothes.  The ones on the right are newborn (I thought they looked so tiny until our little boy got here) but they were huge on him!! So we bought the tiny ones..........
And they were still a little loose on him.

First bath!!  He wasn't so sure about it at first but now it is one of his favorite times of the day.

Sister helping clean him up.


Daddy giving him his first bottle

Sister helping :)
Snuggled up in the crib. Still so tiny!!!

A very happy momma loving on my two sweet babies!  What a blessing they both are!
Tummy Time
Big sister encouraging him

Daddy's Rookie at a month old!!  Love this sweet boy so much!!!

Sorry it took me so long to post these first pictures of our little blessing- there will be many more to come.  Brayden is now two months old and doing GREAT!!  He is healthy, growing and gaining such a personality.  We thank God everyday for the blessing he is in our lives.  Thank you for all of your prayers and support getting this sweet boy here, they were greatly appreciated!

1 comments:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

He is such a cutie! And it looks like he has a great big sister, too! (: