BABY!!!!!!!
At the beginning of October I got really sick, I was having a lot of pain and throwing up a lot so I went to the doctor worried that I had a kidney stone. They took a lot of blood to run some labs and after a long wait the doctor came in the room and said "Congratulations!" Thankfully I did not have a kidney stone but had a tiny little baby growing inside me. We were so shocked and excited.
Because of the pain I had along with the nausea my doctor had me come in for an ultrasound to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. When I got to the ultrasound we saw a healthy baby in the uterus with a strong little heartbeat. But they also found a subchorionic hemorrhage (basically a blood clot in the placenta). It was not a big deal but we had a follow up ultrasound the next week just to keep an eye on it. When we went in we found out that the clot had closed off itself and never bled out. Praise the Lord.
But, by this time my sickness was in full swing and I was completely dehydrated. After that appointment I made my first trip to the hospital for this pregnancy to pump up on fluids. Over the next couple weeks I had a few more hospital visits which resulted in me having a picc line put in. Not only was I needing fluids every day but my veins are terrible and the nurses were having a hard time getting IV's started so this was the best solution for the time. And because I had the picc line I was able to just stay home and start my own fluids each day without having a nurse come into the house or me leave to go anywhere. Since I was so sick and taking care of a three year old it was such a blessing.
Around Christmas I started running a high fever and we weren't sure what was causing it. After a few doctors appointments we found out that the picc line was starting to get infected so it had to be removed immediately. Thankfully at this point the sickness was starting to slow down a little bit and I was able to just go in once a week to have an IV placed. And I have to mention how thankful I am to all of the home health nurses that have been taking care of me, they have saved me from making several trips to the hospital by getting an IV placed and me being able to run fluids at home.
Also around this time my doctor called me and told me that my blood work had come back from the triple screen and it was abnormal. He emphasized that this test was just a screening and did not mean that anything was wrong with the baby but I needed to go to Little Rock for further screening. I have to say here how great our God is; because even though the thought of needing to go to a specialists and knowing there was a chance that there may be something going on with our baby was scary, God gave me an amazing peace! The two weeks we had to wait before our appointment just flew by. During the screening we found out that our little baby looked pretty healthy. The organs all looked great, the spine looked great but the bones were measuring about two weeks smaller than my dates and I have what is called a two vessel cord. The doctor explained to us that this was a sign of downs syndrome but that our baby did not show any other signs. Even though we knew our love for this baby would not change if baby was perfectly healthy or had down syndrome we decided to go ahead and have an amniocentesis done to know for sure. So- there was more waiting on results. :)
But while at the doctor we had an ultrasound done and were far enough along to find out the sex of the baby. As soon as we found out we were pregnant we knew we wanted to have a gender reveal party and find out what we were having with our family and friends. So we turned our heads and closed our eyes during the ultrasound while the doctor took a look to see what the sex of baby was. He then wrote it down in two envelopes, sealed them and gave them to me. As soon as we left the doctor we dropped one of the envelopes in the mail to Miriam, the same amazing woman that made our wedding cake, so she could make us a cake for our gender reveal party. (She was so excited to make the cake too because not only was it something different to do but she was the ONLY person that knew what baby was for a week and kept the secret great!)
That Friday we headed to Springdale where my mom had an amazing party ready for us. Here is a picture of the cake that Miriam made us. Not only is it super cute but the best tasting cake EVER!! (Thank you Miriam)
Some of the decorations. We later took down the signs that said Boy and Girl and had each guest sign their name on the sign that was their guess of the gender.
We had these bags out for each guest to put a name suggestion in for a boy and a girl.
Enjoying the yummy food, my favorite..Guidos pizza
Kiddos enjoying dinner and making a train out of the chairs.
Getting excited to find out if we are going to have a boy or girl!
Mike making his guess on the gender of baby
Amby making her guess
Sweet friends that are always at every big event in my life. So thankful for these beautiful ladies. Love them so much.
Our guests sitting around as we took the gender predictor tests that resulted in saying we should have a boy.
Reading the names people suggested. This must have been after reading dad's suggestion of Billy Bob Bostian. lol!
And here we go!!! Time to cut the cake and find out what this little baby is.
Everyone watching and anxious to see the icing color
It's a...........
BOY!!!

Our guests reaction as soon as they saw the blue
And Kenley's reaction when she saw the blue. She was not very happy. She was really wanting a sister.
Looking at the ultrasound picture that showed it really is a boy
Showing everyone it really is a boy. :)

The reason we have so many great pictures from the party is because our sweet friend Sandy Nickerson was our photographer for the night. We are so thankful she was with us on our big night and appreciate her for capturing it all. Thanks Sandy!

Still not happy. (But she has come around by now and is very excited about her baby brother.)
Thank you mom for throwing us such an amazing party, we loved it!!!!
Here is the video of us cutting the cake and finding out.
A little over a week after our party I got a call from the specialists office that delivered the wonderful news that our baby boy is healthy. The amnio was negative for any chromosome disorders. Praise the Lord. Like I said before, there was never any doubt that we would love this little guy any less but what an amazing feeling it is to know for sure that our boy is healthy!!
Another blessing is that right at this time a new perinatologist had just started a practice in NWA. Because the bones did measure small and I have a two vessel cord my doctor wanted me to continue seeing a specialists just to make sure our baby is growing the way he should; so we set up an appointment. During the scan our little guy still looked pretty healthy. His organs all look great but his bones are now measuring three weeks smaller than the rest of his body. The doctor is not sure if he is just going to be a little guy or if there is something else going on. (But we are so thankful now that we did the amnio and know for sure it is not a chromosome disorder. )
I go back next week for another scan. We are praying and believing that our baby boy is growing and will have no reason to schedule anymore follow up appointments. We know that God is knitting him together and whatever we face he will be perfectly made.
Oh- and if you read through this entire post you may be wondering what we have decided to name this little guy and when he is due!?!
Well........We are excited to announce that BRAYDEN WAYNE BOSTIAN is due June 16, 2012
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
So, we are going to have a.............
Posted by The Bostians at 5:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
So glad you documented all this. You've been such a mighty warrior through such an incredibly difficult time and your faith has shone so brightly throughout! Continued prayers for you and Brayden!!! Love you!
Congratulations Amanda! This is so beautifully written and you're such a great mommy! Can't wait to meet your new precious little boy!
I have caught up on all the posts!! (:
LOVE the name!! Love all the fun posts--you guys have been busy.
Glad you are starting to feel better. Been praying for you guys daily but I am adding the bone growth in my prayers now.
Post a Comment