What a WONDERFUL weekend we had!! I have been sleeping with my phone right next to my bed for the past couple of weeks because my sister has been contracting like crazy for 3 weeks and we have been expecting Maddox's arrival anytime. My best friend Shelley (been best friends since we were in diapers) was due a week after my sister but had not started contracting or dilating or anything. Well- Friday morning around 7am I get a text that says: my water broke at midnight at the hospital now. So I immediately think my sister is at the hospital then look up and see that it was from Shelley!! I was like holy cow- just the day before her doctor told her that it was still going to be awhile. So I jump up and start getting Kenley and I ready. Not rushing too much because it is her first baby and I figured it would be a long day before the baby came. I got to the hospital around 9am and they had just got her epidural going. After that things started moving really fast- she was progressing fast and then there were a few complications and she ended up in an emergency c-section. At 10:23 Layla McKenzie arrived and is just perfect. Shelley was such a trooper and did a great job and is doing well now. Here is a sweet picture of little Layla right after her bath.
After a few hours at the hospital I went and picked up Kenley, took her home for a nap and when Andy got home we headed back up to the hospital for Andy and Kenley to meet Layla. Then came home, ate dinner, put Kenley in bed, watched a movie and finally started getting ready for bed around midnight. We got in bed and my phone rings at 12:30am-its my sister and she says- Amanda, my water just broke. not kidding! almost 24hours apart their waters break. So, I get up start getting our bags together, load the car, make some COFFEE, and get Andy and Kenley in the car. So we finally hit the road around 1:20 am for Springdale. My sister was going to have a c-section and wanted me to be there so she tried to wait a little while before heading to the hospital, she called me when we were about 1/2 way there and said the pain was bad so she was heading to the hospital, so I hit the gas hard and start hurrying up the mountain. We finally got to the hospital around 4:30am just in time to see my brother-in-law as he was about to walk into the OR. At 4:44am Maddox Deloss was born- and he is just amazing!!! Such a precious, sweet little boy. My sister was in recovery for awhile so we waited around and finally got to see her around 6:30am. (The hardest part for me is waiting all that time to see her, even though the doctor says she is fine, I can't relax until I see her. But she was doing GREAT too.) Here is a sweet picture of Maddox the first time I held him.
Maddox day 2- Kisses from mommy
Big sister Emma hanging out at the hospital with bubba. She is such a sweet big sister, she likes to hold him and give him kisses. I am sure it will be an adjustment for her at home but she is such a sweet little girl I know she will "help" take care of him and love on him.
Kenley got to go visit Maddox too. She likes him but she really liked getting in the bed with Aunt Amby and.........
Eating French Fries while loving on Mrs. Janet.
These girls are so much fun!! They had the best time this weekend playing. They will wear you out just watching them play with each other- so much energy. And they love on each other too. They are always hugging and kissing each other. So precious.
And they are both very smart- nothing scarier than two 1 year olds that have figured out the iphone. haha! We are in trouble!
We had a very busy, sleep deprived weekend but it was such a blessed weekend. We welcomed 2 precious babies into the world and got to love on them. Thank you Lord for these sweet babies and their precious mommies and for keeping them all safe. We love you Sissy, Mike, Emma, Maddox, Jon, Shelley and Layla!!!!!!!
Monday, March 29, 2010
Baby Weekend
Posted by The Bostians at 6:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment