Our baby girl is getting way too big, way too fast!!! I have avoided posting this picture for about 2 months now because I was somehow convinced that when I bragged on how good she is, it would change. lol! Anyway, towards the end of January we decided to take Kenley's crib apart and put up the toddler rail. K has always been a great sleeper and started trying to put herself down for her naps, but with the crib together she couldn't get into bed. So, we took care of that. Now my sweet BIG girl will go crawl into bed every afternoon when she is ready for her nap and get up when she is done. And in the mornings when she wakes up she just walks across the house into our room and we get to wake up every morning to the sweetest voice in the world saying "HI." I can't believe how fast time is flying and how big she is getting.
Since we found out on Valentines day 2 years ago that we were going to have a baby, I decided that I wanted to start some kind of small fun tradition for Valentines day (because we don't do presents and flowers and all that stuff for V-day, we are both way too cheap for that, haha.) So, my mom passed down her old heart shaped cake pan and I made a strawberry cake in it.
And let Kenley do the decorating. She had so much fun throwing all of the sprinkles on the cake.
And she did a great job. It was a very fun and yummy Valentines day this year.
A couple weeks ago I had to make a quick trip to Springdale for a funeral and my sweet sister helped me out by watching Kenley while I was at the funeral. It was the first time Emma and Kenley had been together since Christmas so they had a blast playing together. Finally about 4:00 in the afternoon they both gave in and passed out. Here is a sweet picture of our girls taking a nap together. I just love this!!!
Since my sister had taken on the challenge of keeping both girls it was my turn! When we went back to Springdale for her baby shower I kept both of the girls so my sister and Mike could go out with their friends before their little man gets here. And I had SO MUCH FUN!!! These 2 girls are just the best. They are so funny and loving. I could play with them both all day every day. That evening we went to my in-laws house for dinner and we took Emma with us. Here are some pics of K and Em playing........
There is a funny story with this picture. For Christmas my father-in-law got one of those foot massagers that light up and spin. He was using it Christmas morning and Kenley had kind of looked at it some. Then the next time we were there she touched it a little but not much. Well this time- Kenley went into his office picked up the foot massager and brought it into the living room to him. So he plugged it in and turned it on, and our silly girl turned around and sat on it. Through the rest of the night she kept walking over to it, turning it on and setting on it. LOL, I guess rear end is sore from all of the falling she does!
Last week was a big week for me and my business. K-bug Designs had its first vendor booth! It was so exciting. I learned so much and met so many neat people. One afternoon Kenley came down to hang out with me and caught this cute picture of her (modeling my flower hair clips). Go check out our booth at www.kbugdesigns.blogspot.com.
Since we finally had some nice weather last week we took Kenley to Burns Park to play for a little while. She had a blast, and so did we. Here she is riding the merry-go-round.
Our monkey about to climb up to the slides. And she did! I just stood under to make sure she didn't fall.
Going down the slide.
She loves to swing. She stayed in this swing forever just watching all of the people go by. She is going to be a people watcher like me. :)
Waving to Mommy from the top of the BIG slide.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Big Girl
Posted by The Bostians at 11:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Wow, can't believe how big she is!!! I love your updates and enjoy seeing what all you guys are up to. Kenley is so adorable!
-em
Post a Comment