Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Car Seat Make Over

Car Seats.........BLAH............They are SO expensive and the next step up car seats are not as easy to switch from car to car as the little carriers are so we knew that we wanted to get 2 car seat, one for each of our cars. But we didn't want to pay the big, new price for both of them since she is rarely in Andy's car. Well, Acxiom has a thing called Acxiom Classifieds, love it, for all of the employees to post things they want to sell. (Kind of like a company based craigslist). Anyway, Andy checked it out and we lucked out, there was a lady selling her old car seat for only $10!!! Andy sent me the picture and of course, it was ugly, Nascar.........but I told him to get it anyway and I would get a cover for it. I started pricing covers and they are really expensive too so then I decided I would try to make one myself. I have done small sewing projects but have never taken on anything this big before. In the end I was very happy with the way it turned out. Here are the before and after pics!

Before

After!!!

Since it was for Andy's car I thought it would only be appropriate to do Razorback! :)

2 comments:

Beaty Photography said...

Wow, Amanda!!! That's amazing! You did such a great job; I love it. :)
-emily

the Pulleys said...

Fabulous job on the car seat cover girl! You should definitely add those to your resume now too! I know she'll just love it!