We had decided this year for New Years Eve we wanted to have a nice relaxing, quiet evening at home with just the 3 of us. Well, we are quickly learning that being parents means plans are constantly changing. Around 6pm Andy was still at work and Kenley and I were just getting home from running some errands, I was bringing the last load of groceries in and turned to shut the door when I hear the most terrible scream of my life......my sweet little girl got her finger shut into the hinge side of our metal storm door. I immediately picked her up and tried to soothe her, but there was no calming her down. I called Andy and told him to hurry home from work and then called my sister (a nurse) to see what I needed to do. She had me get some tylenol in her and start icing the finger but since it continued to swell and turn purple we decided the best thing to was go ahead and go to the ER to get some x-ray's. So as soon as daddy made it home we headed to the hospital. Thankfully, her finger was not broken, just got squished pretty good. Our little girl was such a trooper.
She got a lot of stickers from the nurses. This one says Super Patient, and she was that indeed. She was so sweet and good while we were there.
After we got home and had a bath she was apparently feeling better because she decided to dig in the trash can to pull out an empty 2liter bottle. This is one of her new favorite things to do. Always getting into something.
Hope you all had a Happy New Year! We had a very blessed 2009 and can not wait to see what God has in store for us in 2010!!!!!
Monday, January 4, 2010
New Years Eve
Posted by The Bostians at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Happy New Year!! So glad she didn't break her little finger!
Post a Comment