Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spring Wreath

At our new church there is a ministry for women called FYI- we get together once a month to do a craft project, hang out, eat lunch and just have fun. Today was my first time to go and I had so much fun! We made a spring wreath, which I was really excited about. I love to decorate for holidays but rarely get around to it. Here is my finished project..........

All you do to make this wreath is wrap a wreath in strips of burlap. Then wrap with ribbon. Most of the ladies just used the wide ribbon to wrap theirs and left more of the burlap showing. I used the ruffle ribbon also because I thought it was super cute and wanted more color. Then the fun part.....we made fabric flowers for them.

For this fabric flower you cut out circles of fabric, fold them in half, then in half again, and then get needle and thread to loosely stitch them together. Then pull tight and tie off the ends. I made two sizes of these to stack on top of each other and then glued a button to the center.

And then for these flowers you just cut long strips of fabric at different widths (depending on the size you want) and loosely stitch along one side of the fabric, then pull it tight and tie the end. Again I glued a button in the center to add more color.

If you want to make one of these but want better instructions just email me or leave me a comment and I will take pictures of the steps for you. Hope you like it as much as I do!! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I seriously love this - thanks for posting how to do it!!! Can't wait to give it a try. And so glad you have this ministry at your church to be part of! :) Can't wait to see what else you make!

Hayley said...

I love your Spring wreath! That definitely doesn't look easy to me! Super cute!!