Andy and I have never been big on making plans to go out to eat on Valentines Day. The restaurants are so crowded and we would both prefer to just stay home and cook a nice meal. And I love an excuse to try out new recipes. This year I decided to try out a Pioneer Woman recipe, She calls these sandwiches Mmm good sandwiches. And they really were mmmm good. So I decided to take pictures and share the recipe.
You start out by slicing green pepper, red pepper and yellow onion.
Then slice up some cube steak and season with salt and pepper.
Melt some butter on high heat in a skillet then throw the steak in. Keep it in there until it is good and brown.
Then set it aside on a plate.
In the same hot pan add the onions and peppers with some garlic
When they are soft but not flimsy set them aside on a plate
Add some more butter to the pan and throw the steak back in. Season it with some worcestershire sauce and tabasco. Then add the veggies.
Set all on a platter
Add more butter to your pan, (I guess now is a good time to mention this is NOT exactly healthy, haha) and put a deli roll in the pan to brown it a little.
Pile up your steak and veggies on your deli roll then top with provolone cheese. Pop in the oven on broil just long enough to melt the cheese
Put the sandwich together and ENJOY!!!
For dessert I wanted to try a recipe that I found on Bakerella.com......Red Velvet Cake Balls. And since it is Valentines day I decided to shape them as hearts.
To make these you start out by making a red velvet cake according to the box directions
As soon as the cake cools crumble it into a bowl and add a can of cream cheese icing. Mix it all together.
After it is mixed well you roll the cake balls. Since I was making hearts I used a small heart cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes on wax paper
Then added a sucker stick to the hearts.
After the sticks are inserted put them in the freezer to let the cake harden. While they are in the freezer start preparing the chocolate. I used white almond bark to dip these. (If you are using white make sure you leave the cake in the freezer a little longer because the cake will crumb into the chocolate if it isn't set well. I learned this the hard way :)
After you dip the cake pops put them back in the freezer to let the chocolate harden and then they are ready to eat! Since I already had chocolate melted I decided to dip some strawberries too. They went great together!
We recommend both of these recipes. If you try them let me know how you like them. Happy Valentines day!!!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Happy Valentines Day!
Posted by The Bostians at 6:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
yum yum yum!! The cake pops are such a cute idea, too!
-em
looks yummy!
Post a Comment