Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer is here......it is HOT!

Well this title doesn't have much to do with this post- just what is on my mind this week. It is HOT!! Wow, can't believe how fast the warm weather hit. So thankful for air conditioning.

I'm starting this catching up post with more food- why? because we love food and I am having so much fun cooking in my new kitchen. This cookie is what I call the PERFECT cookie!!! I made up my own chocolate chip cookie recipe (that we absolutely love) and for this cookie I made the chocolate chip cookie dough. And a pan of brownies. Then I threw the baked brownies in the mixer with the cookie dough, mixed it well and........voila........the PERFECT cookie!!! Not even kidding, it was amazing.....the taste, weight and look. Isn't it beautiful?!?! I will have to make these again soon.

And this is a YUMMY sandwich I made a couple weeks ago when we had some friends over for dinner. It is so simple to make but it looks pretty and is SO good!!! I used ham, turkey, provolone, cheddar, onion, bell pepper, tomato and my homemade sweet & sour vinaigrette dressing. Really good!

Enough with the food. Kenley had her last day of school a couple weeks ago and it was such a sad day. Her precious teachers did such a great job with her this year. They are so precious and we miss them already. She also misses all of her sweet friends. She will really look forward to getting back to school in the fall and seeing all of her friends again. But we will miss her sweet teachers. Here she is with them right before we left on her last day. Thank you Mrs. E & Mrs. E for all you did for our sweet K this year!!!


Last week was my 28th Birthday and I had such an amazing day! Kenley and I spent the morning cuddling and watching Tangled (her new obsession). Then I went to lunch with some of my sweet girl friends from church and their kiddos. We always have such a great time together. When we got home Kenley was ready for a nap until my sister and her sweet family got here. She and Emma get SO excited to see each other. It is precious. Then my sweet friends Jon & Emy brought me my favorite drink from Sonic. Such a sweet surprise. And my parents came down too. We all went to eat dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant then came back to our house to eat this AMAZING cake mom brought down from Shelby Lynn Cake Shop!

Isn't it Beautiful! And that is not chocolate icing....it is CARAMEL!!! YES, CARAMEL!!!!! So amazing. The cake is white with a creamy caramel filling between the layers and a thick caramel icing. It was the best cake ever!!

Sweet girls playing in their matching dresses- they love to match!

And then my mom and sister surprised me with a present that I was really wanting but had no idea they were getting it for me. A Jo Tote camera bag!!!

Isn't it adorable?!?! And now I can safely carry my camera with me and not have to carry my big camera bag. So exciting!

Kenley is such a sweet little momma! She LOVES to play with her baby dolls. She usually has at least 2 in her arms at all times. She was telling the baby to say cheese for the picture.

She is also talking on her cell phone ALL THE TIME!!! So funny to hear her conversations she has with whoever she is talking to at the time. Quite the imagination! :)

Tonight my friend Sarah came by so I could monogram some stuff for her and she brought her sweet little girl so the girls could have a play date. They get SO excited to see each other and play so well together. They put on the swimsuits and went to the back yard. Here they are in Kenley's little princess pool with the sprinkler rainbow.

Jumping on the trampoline....

Enjoying the pool.......

Such sweet friends. Don't you just love all the curls! :)


Stay cool and safe with all of the record breaking heat!!!!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I saw a recipe for cookies like those and almost made them this past weekend, but then realized I would eat them like crazy. i also need to check into that caramel cake - ha! :) I can't believe how grown up the girls look in that last picture! They had so much fun. Love that they are friends!!!